Kirstin's Chronicles

Welcome to the chronicles of my adventures. As I journey with the Lord I hope to share about the people along the way and all that I learn.

Monday, June 09, 2008

Sitting in Panera

So there are days when I pack up my computer and head out to a local coffee shop to work. It is nice that I have a job where I can be mobile. But I never quite know who I will see or what fun conversations I might get to have that day when I am out.

A few months ago I ran into a girl I grew up with. It was so much fun getting to catch up and hear about what has happened in her life since high school and to be able to share with her about what God has done in my life. Funny thing is both of us hated junior high and high school and now we both have a heart for young girls facing those same challenges. She is working with the junior high girls at her church and I continue to desire to reach out to girls on the high school and college campus. What fun.

Well back to today. I am sitting chatting online and listening to music on my laptop and I notice this group of people at a table just up the way. I see one guy come in with his Bible and I think oh this group is having a Bible study. But then as I look over I see it is two couples and a single (as in by himself) guy and only the one guy has a Bible. Then something caught my attention. one of the men was looking so lovingly into the girls direction...how sweet. Oh wait she is repeating back something the other man is saying. Wait I pull out my headphones....she is saying her vows. A wedding! Yup that is what was happening quietly in Panera I just witnessed a couple getting married at a table in Panera Bread. How exciting seeing another couple find each other and begin a new life together. Or at least I am hoping that is the case since I have no idea the story.

Anyway people watching is so interesting and yet filled with so much that is unknown. I guess it continues to remind me that peoples stories are fascinating and what a joy it is when someone shares their story with you.

So if you see me in Panera feel free to come up and say hello. I would love to hear your story.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

i love panera. i think you should come to mine :)

11:46 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home