Kirstin's Chronicles

Welcome to the chronicles of my adventures. As I journey with the Lord I hope to share about the people along the way and all that I learn.

Sunday, October 22, 2006

The Customer is Always Right

This famous phrase is ingrained in me from the many years of working in retail. However, I am very aware that this phrase does not exist in Hungary. I have shared previous experience with the checkout ladies at the grocery store so I have come to expect that the people helping me will not really smile or give any extra assistance. Then, the other day at the post office something happened. A smile...yes the woman behind the counter was smiling at me and trying to be helpful and in her on way through my butchering the Hungarian language joked with me. It was such a shock and a wonderful experience of sending mail. So the day started off on a good note however the initial assessment was not far behind.

Later in the evening as I was purchasing food for the weekly meeting I came across the typical checkout clerk. I did not hand her a certain paper in time so she decided it would be good to let me know in some very angry Hungarian. Needless to say this was the unpleasant part of the day. I am not sure what she was telling me and kept trying to explain that I did not understand but alas we parted ways realizing that I miss customer service but for now I will continue to try and smile and figure out this grocery thing.

Soon to come a visit to Vienna.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home