Kirstin's Chronicles

Welcome to the chronicles of my adventures. As I journey with the Lord I hope to share about the people along the way and all that I learn.

Sunday, October 08, 2006

From Saturday to Saturday

Last Saturday (one week ago) as I was out and about exploring the city with a friend, we came across this display and thought it would make a fun picture. We had a fun afternoon of trying a new restaurant and checking out a few shops before they closed for the day. Everything closes here so early compared to the States that it can be hard to catch them open on the weekend.

Later that day I met up with my roommates and a couple of students and we explored the Budapest Zoo. I was surprised at how close you could get to the animals. There was one section where the only thing separating us was a thin rope. Thankfully the animals looked like they could have cared less that we were there and did not come over to check us out.

This weekend we celebrated my birthday! We went to a different Mexican restaurant called Iguana’s. I tried a steak burrito and was pleasantly surprised that it tasted pretty good. Not quite a great as Ajo Al's or Someburro's but it tasted like a burrito. YEAH! I think I might have to go back. My staff team was also so generous to give me a birthday gift from a really fun pottery store that is here in Budapest. I will try and take some pictures soon and add it to the photo album. My roommates made the day feel really special and so it was just a nice little treat.

This past week we have started with our two-week long classroom blitz, that culminates in an outreach called "Winner Take All" this coming Friday. Tomorrow I will find myself being the main leader for the next school. I am a little nervous, since speaking in front of groups is not my favorite activity, but I know that the Lord can use me. Most of the time in the classrooms is spent doing fun activities and having times in small groups so that we can interact with the students. At each school we invite the students to come out to the event of "Winner Take All" and we are praying that over 200 would come and participate. It is a carnival of sorts, with homemade games, food and prizes. But most importantly it is a fun time together with the Gospel being shared at the end of the evening. Posted by Picasa

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home