Kirstin's Chronicles

Welcome to the chronicles of my adventures. As I journey with the Lord I hope to share about the people along the way and all that I learn.

Saturday, May 02, 2009

Mt Si Relays

So I have been on this quest to become a runner for a year now. I think I might finally be one. I am still pretty slow but I am having fun trying out different races and see just how far I can go. A few weekends ago I got to be part of a team for the Mt Si Relays. Our team of five would spend the day each running different segments to combine for a total of I think 56 miles. I don't remember exactly. So we meet up in at 5:15am to head up to the start for a day of running and cheering each other on.
Here we are bright and early getting ready to start the race. We were loaded up with food, a change of clothes and lots of excitement for the day ahead.

Here we are waiting for a teammate to come in so I could take off.
Ah the hand off. Linda tags me and I am off to run my leg. I thought it was going to be 5.5 miles but as I was coming to the end I was surprised at my time. Once I came in I was told they revised the course and took a mile off my leg, which explained the time. Next up was the 7.1 miles later in the day.
Posted by Picasa

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home