Kirstin's Chronicles

Welcome to the chronicles of my adventures. As I journey with the Lord I hope to share about the people along the way and all that I learn.

Saturday, October 25, 2008

Friday of the Victoria Trip

So the weekend in Victoria started out great. We arrived in the morning after a brief bit of slowing by the Clipper.

I pretty much hate to pack so I inevitably put too many things in a bag when leaving. This time was no exception as I lugged the bag backpack to the hotel. So happily our hotel was pretty close to where we arrived.

That day we spent exploring the city of Victoria. I think we walked all over the city. Okay maybe not but we did cover quite a bit of it. That night we went to an amazing restaurant called Camille's. If you are ever up in Victoria you should definitely check it out. It is an all organic restaurant specializing in completely local and fresh food. Each night the menu changes depending on what is available and no ingredient comes from further than 150 km away. I think it was probably one of the most delectable meals I have had in a long time. We stared with an appetizer of sea scallops, then had the most amazing duck dish I have ever tasted. But why I ordered the meal was for the butternut squash ravoli with chantrelle mushrooms. Hmmm just getting hungry thinking about it. I took a picture just for fun. More details to follow soon about the actual race.

1 Comments:

Blogger Julie said...

that does look good and I look forward to hearing more about the race!

8:43 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home