Kirstin's Chronicles

Welcome to the chronicles of my adventures. As I journey with the Lord I hope to share about the people along the way and all that I learn.

Monday, July 18, 2011

Writing


I admire great thinkers and writers. The ability to communicate thoughts through words is such a great skill. Also I just love that words can inspire, encourage, and just affirm what is beautiful and true. Of course words also can be used to tear down and discourage which is so terribly tragic.

After four weeks of listening to speakers and learning a ton of leadership principles and skills I am also reminded of the importance of taking notes. I think I go through phases in my life where I write profusely as I listen and other times where I just take things in. But after four weeks I am grateful I took notes as I now have a resource with which to look over and go back through as I sit and ponder and plan.

One thought that has been prevalent in much of what I have been reading and hearing has been around the idea of the Gospel. That it must remain central in our lives and in all that we do. What a challenge to think about. How do I speak the Gospel to myself and others? Is it reflected through my life? What does it look like to embrace grace and truth together? As I continue in this journey of going deeper in these thoughts I am grateful as well for others who I get to come alongside and learn from and discover more.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home