Kirstin's Chronicles

Welcome to the chronicles of my adventures. As I journey with the Lord I hope to share about the people along the way and all that I learn.

Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Hope for Cambodia

DP Retreat in Sihanoukville

What an amazing few days on the Gulf of Thailand.  Now after returning from Cambodia I am finally getting a chance to put up a few pictures and write a few thoughts.  The jet lag is slowly wearing off but the memories remain strong.

I am so impressed by the students of the Diamond Program.  They were so eager to learn and grow in their walks with the Lord.  There is such a vibrancy when you see the Spirit of God in another person.  Even when language is a hurdle it can be overcome when smiles abound.  Each meal time was spend laughing enjoying new friends and some different foods.  Then we had our times together in the hotel connecting and building unity amongst the different leaders.   Watching these young leaders soak in all that materials as well as the fun you could see that Cambodia will never be the same.

Many came from small provinces and would be taking back all they learn to teach others.  There was one session where the students rushed over with their flash drives to get the outline from the presenter.  I had the privilege to lead a devotional one morning and I loved watching them engage in small groups talking about a short film I showed.  I hesitated to break it up as there was so much conversation in the room but I longed to hear their thoughts.  

I continue to pray for them as they will face many obstacles in a country that continues to struggle with many issues but they are the ones who offer hope.



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home