Kirstin's Chronicles

Welcome to the chronicles of my adventures. As I journey with the Lord I hope to share about the people along the way and all that I learn.

Monday, February 27, 2012

What are you thinking about?



A friend once told me about the power of presence.  That the things that are around you and/or the people that you around have an influence on what you notice and what you think about.  (I don’t think I am getting the idea or definition quite right but you get the idea).

So that question is been running through my brain.  What are the things I am thinking about?  Lately I have been in many conversations about injustice and looking at what does it mean to be an advocate for the “least of these”.   That injustice comes in many forms but I have the power and ability to make a difference and have influence.  How am I going to use that power?  Am I going to step into the uncomfortable and really think about my choices and the ways I use my time, resources and skills? 

After my recent trip to Cambodia, watching a film about the misrepresentation of women in the media, a great sermon at church and just various other conversations I am convinced that I need to move my thinking into action and really be intentional about this area of my life.   To advocate and be a voice for those whose voice and story needs to be heard.

The picture is one that a teammate took while in Cambodia.  It is both incredibly beautiful and heart-wrenching at the same time.  May this spur us all on to ask the question what I am I thinking about and will that spur me on to action?
In Cambodia as we walked to lunch



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home